Want to be part of the Snowdown Team? Volunteers make Snowdown happen. Below is a listing of what help is needed and the timing for involvement. Note there are two coordinator positions also available.
- Tee shirt pre-sales - start in November. Visit Durango-area businesses and organizations with for tee shirt orders. Only 2 group meetings.
- Prize Patrol - prizes are solicited from local merchants for use in Snowdown events. Contact and pick up prizes from January 2 to January 20ish.
- Distribution - 2 or 3 weeks before Snowdown. Cruise Durango area delivering posters, schedules and button boards.
- Parade help - Wednesday January 31. Put no parking signs on parking meters in an assigned 1 or 2 block area.
- Chili Cook-Off & Bloody Mary Contest - volunteers needed to sell tickets, sell beer, and help with set up and clean up. 11 am to 3 pm at the Fairgrounds.
- Two coordinators - Are we a match? Local nonprofit planning committee seeks two coordinators to lead two teams of volunteers for Durango’s #1 annual event. These are volunteer positions. Experience working with a nonprofit is not required. Time commitment varies each month, but you will be expected to attend monthly board meetings and other meetings throughout the planning period. Ideal candidates are organized and self-starters. Please submit a resume and brief cover letter by November 15 via email to email@example.com
Sign up at the Snowdown Kickoff - Wednesday October 11, 5:30 to 7 pm, at The Garage Billiards and Music Hall at 121. W. 8th Street in Downtown Durango. If you miss the kickoff, you can inquire about and sign up for volunteer opportunities by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org