6 PM DUSK THE ANNUAL SNOWDOWN LIGHT PARADE
Main from College Dr to 12th St
Hosted by Purgatory Resort. Join the Magical Mystical beings on the streets for the SNOWDOWN Light Parade. It’s Durango’s only nighttime parade where light-bedecked floats create a dazzling delight in Durango’s most spectacular and entertaining procession along Main Avenue. Miracles will abound while wizards, witches, fairies, magicians and all things mystical show their supernatural creativity on lighted floats. Floats compete for trophies in 10 divisions with special emphasis on lights and theme.
Event Coordinator: Chip Lile 749-1816 or Parade@snowdown.org
Entry Cost: $100 per entry
Entry Deadline: 5 PM Friday, February 3 or when Parade Roster is full. Entry forms available online at SNOWDOWN.ORG as we get closer to 2023 Snowdown.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SNOWDOWN PARADE FLOAT CAPTAINS
PARADE LINE UP STARTS AT: 3:00 P.M. (4:00 P.M. Pedestrian Only Floats)
VEHICLE FLOATS LINE UP ON: 5TH ST BETWEEN 3RD AVE AND 6TH AVE
PEDESTRIAN ONLY FLOATS LINE UP ON: 500 BLOCK OF MAIN AVE
CHECK-IN ENDS AT: 5:30
Welcome to the Snowdown Light Parade. Please read the instructions below carefully. Parade Officials will visit your float once parked. A parade official and public safety official will check-in each float and inspect as needed and provide you with any further instructions. Be ready for a 5:45 p.m. start. Parade officials will direct your float to move when your turn in line is coming. Parade officials will do their best to separate similar floats and themes whenever possible. Pedestrian floats will be spaced out at the beginning of the parade and balloon rally floats will be spaced throughout. You cooperation with parade officials is much appreciated.
- Line up begins at 3:00 p.m. on E. 5th street between 3rd avenue and 6th Please enter 5th street from the Park Elementary end and head west towards 3rd avenue.
- Park float where directed by parade officials.
- Parade officials will come to your float and check you in and give your float a number.
- At 5:45 p.m. start your engines!
- Parade officials will direct the order as the parade line reaches your float.
- At end of parade route you will be directed to exit North on Main in front of Buckley Park or East on 12th street; pull forward as directed by parade officials for unloading of passengers and/or direct exiting to 3rd
PEDISTRIAN ONLY FLOATS non-vehicle:
- Line up begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Float captains check in with parade officials on block.
- Assemble your team in designated areas as directed by parade officials.
- Leave center lanes of Main Avenue open for Fire, public safety and V.I.P. vehicle floats please.
- When the parade starts; Pedestrian floats will be spaced out appropriately and follow floats as directed by parade officials to ensure safety and other considerations such as music, theme, etc.
- At end of parade route pedestrians will be directed into Buckley Park directly from parade route for safety and disbandment.
SPONSOR FLOATS, OVERSIZED FLOATS AND SUPPORT VEHILCES:
- You will receive special instructions at time of parade from officials as needed.