Bloody Mary Contest
Snowdown Bloody Mary Contest
Location: Fairground Exhibit Hall with the Chili Cook-Off
When: Saturday of Snowdown
Preparation and booth set up: 10 - 11 am
Turn in for judging: 11 am
Open to the public for samples: 12 - 2 pm
Entry deadline: Sat 10:30 am
Award ceremony: 2 pm
Prizes: Judge’s choice overall: 1st : $250 | 2nd: $100 | 3rd: $50
People’s choice overall: 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Prizes vary)
Other categories - spiciest, best garnish, best costume, most unique
Each team will receive two 3’ X 8’ Tables, one as a prep table and the other to use as a boot and decorate. Turn in for official judging begins at 11:00 am. You will make one Bloody Mary in a glass of your choice for presentation. Judges will all sample your Bloody Mary and judge for best overall and other various categories. Contestants will then provide 4 oz samples in Snowdown-provided cups for the guests from noon till 2 pm. Guests can vote for the People’s Choice award.
• All must be at least 21 years old.
• Must make at least 3 gallons of Bloody Mary; however, we prefer you make 5 gallons.
• 8 - 12 liters of vodka will be provided for each contestant. Contestants wishing to infuse their vodka can pick it up a week ahead of time.
• Contestants must mix the alcohol into the Bloody Mary Mix at the fairground. Bloody Mary mix and garnishes are to be prepared in advance to expedite serving. It goes fast!
• Turn in for judging one Bloody Mary in glass of choice (Presentation and garnish is encouraged) for official judging.
• Provide the remaining Bloody Mary’s to the public in exchange for tickets. Two tickets per sample. (Remember this is a fundraiser for Snowdown, no free samples please.)
• Only provide samples to guests with an age-verified hand stamp.
• Snowdown will provide 4 oz sample glasses and ice.
• Contestants should bring their own cooler or bus tub if they want ice near their station.
• Contestants will be disqualified if caught serving to anyone without an age-verified hand stamp.
• Based on previous years, contestants should be prepared to serve 500 samples.
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED OR HAVE A NEGATIVE TEST RESULT DATED NO MORE THAN 5 DAYS BEFORE EVENT DATE!
This event fills up! It’s first-come first-serve. To secure your spot in the Bloody Mary contest, please register online at Snowdown.org. Please refer to Snwdown.org for additional information and registration. Additional questions, please contact: Sharina Ramsey-Adams 769-2577